This official state craft beer competition highlights and promotes the best craft beers in New York State. It is part of Governor Cuomo’s effort to promote New York beverages by streamlining regulations and providing incentives. The number of craft, farm, and restaurant brewers has increased six-fold, to more than 400, and demonstrates the state’s ongoing commitment to building a large and vital industry.
All entries will be blind judged by a panel of trained beer judges and industry professionals based on pre-established criteria and using a custom scoring sheet developed by the NYSBA.
Send 72oz (or more) of beer for judging bottles or cans (including crowlers) ~ no growlers will be accepted.
The cost of submitting entries – NYSBA member $45 / Non-member $65
Beers must be entered online and arrive no later than 4pm Monday July 23, 2018.
Beer entries will be stored in a temperature controlled environment.
* Entry Instructions * * Submit an Entry *
The top three finishers in each category will receive Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals.
The overall winner will receive the Governor’s Excelsior Cup to the “Best of Show” beer which will be awarded by Governor Cuomo at the State Fair on August 22, 2018.
As the official competition of New York, the list of winners will be promoted statewide. The event and results will be featured on the Fair’s website and its social media channels. The following opportunities are open to all entrants at no charge:
- Host one of the Fair’s popular daily Beer Seminars where Brewers can share samples of their beer and discuss their products.
- In the Horticulture Building, you can display medals and product bottles in the showcase set aside to promote the competition.
- Have a booth to sample and sell in the Horticulture Building (scheduled in advance – must get required permits form the state).
- Possible opportunities for product sampling and/or sales from some of the Fair’s vendors. This can be discussed on a case-by-case basis, according to interest.