The Event Manager’s role is to ensure that all aspects of our events are successfully executed on-time and on budget. The Event Manager is responsible for the fiscal health of all current events and will be responsible for year over year growth.
In-person events are a key awareness and revenue generating strategy of the NYSBA. The 2023 events calendar includes three Brewers Festivals (Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo), BriteVibes Beer & Music Festival, Das Bock – New York’s Original Lager Festival and the New York State Brewers Conference.
The Event Manager has a critical role and will work closely with the Director of Partnerships on sponsor activations and engagements and with the Marketing Manager on promotions and ticketing.
This is a full-time, remote, salaried position reporting to the Executive Director.
- Effectively communicate event vision and goals both internally and externally.
- Strategize on how to reduce expenses and maximize revenue.
- Creatively problem solve on ways to enhance events.
- Create and manage timelines and budgets for each event.
- Manage all aspects of event logistics by coordinating with venue and vendor contacts.
- Organize staff and volunteers. Create floor plans, event layouts and other logistics documents.
- Manage all aspects of the ticketing process.
- Drive event communications including website updates and social media promotions while working with the Marketing Manager on creative.
- Ensure that all planning documents remain up to date and can be used to replicate future events.
- Reconcile event financials within 3 weeks of event completion.
- Proactively guide event production, taking into consideration marketing and sponsorship demands. Partner with the Executive Director on strategy regarding revenue generation and event growth.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and call event specific meetings as necessary.
- Create and share event status reports.
- Working with the Executive Director to create event budgets and manage the costs throughout.
- Manage/mitigate third party costs.
- Develop and actively manage vendor/freelance talent relationships to ensure best available costs and pricing.
- Reconcile costs against budget for all events.
- Partner with the creative staff and participate in creative brainstorms when appropriate to generate ideas for growth.
- Continually look for creative ideas to enhance current events in both attendance and revenue.
- Work with Marketing Manager on updating event pages on NYSBA websites and ticketing platforms.
- Work with Director of Partnerships to enhance sponsor and allied member experiences on all levels.
- Positive team climate that inspires others to excel and deliver.
- Embrace tight deadlines and conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Be seen as a valuable leader in event production and execution.
- Responsible budget management and revenue growth annually.
- Yearly growth in both revenue and attendance in all NYSBA events.
To best fit in with the NYSBA culture, you:
- Enjoy and succeed at working well with others in a remote setting.
- Support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment.
- Take your work seriously but have fun doing it.
- Bring positive energy and a drive to exceed expectations.
- Appreciate feedback and consider it necessary for growth.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and regularly with the entire NYSBA team.
- Proven experience leading and producing events with audiences of 500+ and events with sponsor involvement.
- Superior project management, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to work on multiple events concurrently.
- Comfort to work with existing processes while also making recommendations for efficiencies.
- Demonstrated production competencies: Budgeting, pre-production program development, on-site hands-on event management and post-event wrap up.
- Strong familiarity and comfort with basic technology (CRMs, Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Dropbox).
- Experience using wordpress and wix a plus.
- Willingness to execute events on weekends, evenings and/or holidays, if required.
- Ability to work independently with little daily supervision.
- Willingness to help in all areas of NYSBA business, even if outside of job description.
- Travel Requirement: approximately 20% annually.
- Must reside in New York State.
**Please send a resume and cover letter stating why you think you would be the best fit to be our event manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we think you’re qualified then we will reach out as soon as we can to set up an interview.
NYSBA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.