Marketing & Events Manager
This is a key position within the NYSBA. This position requires planning and problem solving; managing multiple projects concurrently; planning and coordinating membership and event logistics; managing technology and communication platforms; coordinating volunteers and vendors; and supports the Executive Director in a wide variety of projects. Success in this role will provide advancement and increased opportunity / compensation.
- Drive new brewery membership.
- Manage and improve member retention efforts.
- Maintain and update membership database and other general email databases.
- Create and manage biweekly newsletter (MailChimp).
- Serve as resource for brewery members.
- Organize and produce NYSBA festivals and assist in producing the annual Conference.
- Oversee and assist interns and volunteers as needed.
- Solicit participation from breweries for NYSBA events (festivals, conference, competition, etc.).
- Expand and create new festival opportunities.
- Manage and grow social media presence (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook).
- Engage with Influencers.
- Develop and execute strategies for increasing consumer awareness and action to support NYS craft beer and Think New York, Drink New York initiatives.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports.
- Learn and utilize Neon CRM as the primary database.
- Participate on weekly team calls.
- Assist in producing regional and board meetings.
- Research and recommend additional revenue avenues.
- Fulfillment obligations as needed.
- Web store sales.
- Membership rates.
- Brewery engagement.
- Social media engagement.
- App downloads.
- Revenue generating ideas and execution.
- 3-5 Years Marketing, PR, Membership or Account Management Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in Social Media/Networking, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Photoshop Elements and/or familiarity with CRMs a plus. (Neon)
- Must have reliable vehicle.
- Organized with good follow-through.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Passion for craft beer.
- Ability to “own” deliverables while functioning as a member of a close team.
- High degree of integrity with a strong moral compass.
- Driven by success and taking tasks to the next level.
- Natural ability to connect with people.
- This is a full-time, work-from-home contract position.
- Travel is required – various Association events and meetings throughout the state.
- May be required to travel to occasional seminars and conferences outside the state.
- Candidates must reside in New York State full-time.
About the Association:
The New York State Brewers Association is a not-for-profit 501(c)6 tax-exempt organization comprised of brewers, vendors, retailers and craft beer enthusiasts focused on promoting New York State beer and advocating for small brewers. New York is the 3rd largest craft beer market in the US with more than 400 licensed breweries. The New York State Brewers Association (NYSBA) works to unify, promote and protect the craft beer industry in NY. The Association is governed by an 11-person Board of Directors representing all regions of the State and is led by the Executive Director and Head of Partnerships.
- Paid days off including holidays.
- Salary based on qualifications of hire ($45-55K).
- Direct work related expenses are reimbursed.
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your experience as it relates to the responsibilities listed above to hello [at] newyorkcraftbeer [dot] com.